- Internet Protocol (IP) address (like an Internet “phone number”) of your computer
- type and version of browser and operating system your computer uses
- domain name (.com, .net, .edu, etc.) of the Internet service provider or website from which you linked to our site
- geographical location of the network used to link to us, and time and date of access
EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS
Our website contains links to external websites and licensed databases. The Library is not responsible for the privacy practices, security or content of these external sites. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy and security information for any site you visit.
Since the Library uses standard systems and communication methods beyond its direct control, no guarantee can be made that transactions over the Internet or thelocal network, by mail or e-mail, by telephone or at a public service desk are secure and confidential. While care is exercised to protect its systems and servers from unauthorized access, the Library may be vulnerable to temporary breaches of security. You must choose the method you wish to communicate your requests and personally identifiable information to us.
We recommend that you take these additional precautions:
- Log off systems after use
- Don't share user IDs or passwords
- Select passwords which are easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess