|Library begins Curbside Service|
Library Curbside Service Procedures
• Patrons may call the library at 382-3216 starting May 18, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mon.- Fri., to schedule a curbside pickup of materials. Let the library know the time you will arrive. If you have a cellular phone, please call the library when you have arrived.
• Alternatively, patrons may visit the library’s online catalog to view the catalog (here) and reserve titles but MUST call ahead before coming to the library to ensure those titles are available and waiting.
• Ask the library for suggestions, or staff will hand-select titles based on your reading (or viewing for DVD) preferences.
• Requests will be filled upon the order they are received.
• Reserve titles will be held for two days before they are released from reserve and returned to the collection or provided to the next patron on reserve.
• At no point will library employees come in physical contact with patrons. Best practice is for you to open your trunk and the materials will be deposited there. As an alternative, materials can be left on one of the benches outside where you can then leave your vehicle and retrieve them.
• All materials for return should be deposited in our Book Drop.
REMEMBER TO CALL AHEAD! (382-3216)
Safety Practices the Library is Observing
The library is following CDC, State, and Local Guidelines. Staff will wash hands regularly and wear disposable gloves when handling materials. Materials are also wiped down with a disinfectant wipe. Additionally, returned materials are placed in a three-day quarantine before being released for re-circulation. As an added precaution, the library recommends you place materials in an undisturbed location for 24-hours before use.